It’s nice to see the Cardinals scoring some runs! While there are still
some issues that need to be worked out, scoring 15 runs is good for the Cardinals.
Let’s go ahead and get to the Good, Bad and Ugly.
* Jake Westbrook. So nice to see him pitch well and get run support! Lots of run support! He even helped himself out with a hit that scored Gerald Laird.
* Laird. Nice that Yadi was able to get a day off and think about taking a pitch for once! Seriously Yadi, remember … take a pitch!
* Lance Berkman. The LBFanClub on Twitter was abuzz as Berky’s home run derby continued Wednesday tonight with a grand slam. Berkman even got the Player of the Game
before the game is even over DAN AND AL!!
* Skip Schumaker. He can hit! He hit a three-run homer tonight.
* Colby Rasmus. He had a two-run double.
* David Freese can play first! Who knew! But, in the seventh Daniel Descalso took over at third and Freese crossed the diamond to take over for Albert. Did well!
* Eduardo Sanchez, who came up from Memphis on Wednesday along with Fernando Salas, made his major league debut. He struck out 5 in two innings of work!
* The length of games at Arizona. It’s ridiculous. I mean, I was ready to get this story written by the fifth inning. Yeah, the kidney stone isn’t out yet! It’s exhausting! Hell of week to go West Coast, guys!
* What’s ugly in a game where your team wins 15-5? That’s right,
other than those five runs not much!!
The Cards now head to LA for a four-game set with the Dodgers!
Miranda covers Cardinal baseball for Aaron Miles’ Fastball. Follow her on the Twitter, @missmiranda