Due to the attendance of dignitaries and special guests (including First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden) security will be increased in and around the ballpark.
Game One will be in support of returning veterans and their families.
Fans entering the ballpark will be required to pass through security, which will cause delays in getting to their seats.
MLB is offering the following tips if you’re going to the game.
- Arrive early to allow for enough time to enter the park as you should expect long lines.
- The gates open at 4 p.m. Central Time.
- On-field ceremonies begin at 6:20 p.m.
- Do not bring bottles or coolers of any kind into the ballpark. They will not be permitted.
- Do not bring anything that you would not be allowed to bring on a plane. The rules for what items you can bring into the ballpark will be the same as TSA restrictions which you can find at www.tsa.gov. Any items surrendered at the gates will not be returned.
- Please minimize items you bring into the stadium to speed up the inspection process.
Also, dress warm — it doesn’t look like the best baseball forecast.
And, most importantly, have fun and bring the Cardinals a win!