With 2 1/2 months and 76 games complete for the St. Louis Cardinals, there’s been plenty of good so far — and also some bad and ugly, especially in June.
So here are 50 things about the 2013 Cardinals, following yesterday’s (perhaps much needed) day off.
2. They have a 1 game lead over the Pittsburgh Pirates in the National League Central. The two teams play 14 more times, including 5 games in 4 days from July 29-Aug. 1 at PNC Park.
3. So far the Cards are 2-3 against the Pirates. (I was there for two of the losses — sorry. It hopefully won’t be bad news that I’m also going to the 3-game Labor Day weekend series in Pittsburgh.)
4. The Cards have a 2 1/2 game lead over the Cincinnati Reds and still have 10 games left against them.
5. They’ve won 6 and lost 3 against the Reds so far.
6. In June, the Cardinals are 12-11.