Righty reliever Joe Donofrio pitched in 40 games for the Peoria Chiefs in 2013. He posted a 2.63 ERA in 68.1 innings of work — holding right handed hitters to a .194 average. He earned six wins and 5 saves on the year.
20 Questions – Joe Donofrio (@bagofritos)
1. How did you get started in baseball?
My dad and I use to go to a lot of Orioles games when I was younger and that really got me into the game of baseball.
2. Who was your biggest influence growing up?
My dad; we’d go out and play catch all the time.
3. When/how did you decide you wanted to pursue this career?
I had a breakout season my junior year in high school which gave me the opportunity to play college baseball.
4. How did you react when your dream of playing pro baseball was first achieved?
I was in disbelief, I was an amazing feeling and also eye opening
5. What do you remember from your first professional game?
I remember coming in and having the early game jitters, but once the pitching coach came out I settled down and just pitched. Continue reading