So many good things!
The Cardinals won 3 of 4 on this series. A 6 for 7 homesstand!
Let’s discuss the Cardinals 7-4 win over the Dodgers.
* Jake Westbrook. He earned his ninth victory of the season. He gave up three earned runs in seven innings pitched. He struck out six. Jake did a great job today. That is a slight understatement, by the way!
* David Freese. He was 3 for 3, with two RBI, and is now in the midst of a 9-game hitting streak. Unfortunately, he did have a throwing error that cost a run. Even more unfortunate, he had to leave the game with some leg cramps. It is a little hot in STL these days, so it’s understandable.
* Jason Motte. He earned his 22 save of the season. Pitched one inning. Struck out three. Awesome, right? Right!
* Mitchell Boggs. He got his 15th hold of the season. He gave up one hit but struck out two.
* Matt Holliday. He’s a little BAMF-y! I’ll admit it! The solo homer to the grass in center field? Beautiful! He had quite the trip through the receiving line with Lance Berkman’s arm around him.
* Tyler Greene. After going for 0 for 15 on pinch hitting attempts, Tyler finally got a hit! He was observed bringing out his journal and pink pen. Here’s what he wrote:
Pinch hitting? Pinch running? Not my thing!
Not today. Pinch hitting? Zing!
Running may not be my thing.
Give me the bat, coach. It is my thing!
I’ll make that ball go DING!
The Cardinals head to the Northside of Chicago to take on the Cubs. Lance Lynn will take the mound against Travis Wood. Game time is 1:20 p.m. at Wrigley Field.
Miranda Remaklus is lead St. Louis Cardinals contributor to Aaron Miles’ Fastball. She’s also lead writer at Aerys Offsides. Follow her on Twitter, @missmiranda.